Düsseldorf, 15 February 2012
You will have noticed that for some time nothing seemingly has moved on our website. This is, as you know from personal experience, completely unusual for us and had good reasons:
Over the last year, we were working on a fundamentally new web concept that we want to present to you today.
On our new site cybele.de we are delighted to offer our catalogue also in the form of high-resolution downloads, with the aim of spreading our productions to the world even more.
True to the label motto future classics we associate with the new online concept value stability, rapid availability, high artistic level of sonic and technical progress.
The visitors of our portal now have the option to download individual tracks or complete albums comfortably with one click and to enjoy the usual top-class sound of Cybele.
We have done our best to give all visitors of our portal a download journey through our complete repertoire which is easy to understand and at the same time exciting. We aim to address new customers, which has big advantages for the dissemination of classical and contemporary music in general.
During the wanderings on our portal our visitors can learn all about our artists and their productions even better than before, mainly due to the extended possibilities of the new Cybele portal.
Visitors have the opportunity to listen to each track (20 secs sample – if available up to 5.0/5.1-channel surround sound). They can experience more about our artists by using our newly-designed artist’s profiles and much more (detailed information about all new features can be found at end of this e-mail).
In this way each visitor is able to get a versatile, sensuous and complete picture of our artistic work with all artists involved in this project.
We wish you good luck and enjoy exploring the new possibilities of our portal – we hope to continue our successful cooperation with you!
Mirjam Wiesemann and Ingo Schmidt-Lucas
An overview of the major innovations of the Cybele-portal:
- On the site we only offer high quality (lossless) audio download formats (FLAC and DSD, up to 5.0/5.1 channel surround sound, if available). Data-reduced Download formats such as MP3 are not available
- Our new portal now offers the additional possibility, to create download-only albums – without a physical disc -
- If a visitor has initially purchased one download track to get a “taste” of the quality of our production, he gets the opportunity, in retrospect, to purchase the complete album at the reduced album price in his Cybele customer account (one mouse click on the account submenu “Album complete”)
- All customers who purchased a complete album (or a single track which was completed to an album later) get additional free bonus deliveries in their download package: both a PDF booklet for print-out (if available) and a 192kbit MP3 Stereo version of the album to be used on mobile devices
- It is possible to listen to each track (20 secs., if available both in stereo and 5.0/5.1 channel surround sound – the latter if the listener owns a sound card with 5.0/5.1 channel surround sound option; for further details please have a look at our new FAQ on cybele.de/faqs)
- Our news will always be announced in a Blog
- We have developed a calendar of events, including time, town, venue, hyperlink to the organizer’s website, hyperlink on ticket sales offices (if available) and a link to the artist’s website (if available). This calendar of events will be always displayed automatically at the end of each artist’s profile and on our homepage
- On each product detail page the visitor will find, if available, a product-related picture gallery, which he may enlarge on his screen
- Visitors of our portal have the possibility to recommend all product detail pages to Facebook, Twitter and many other community sites
- For optimum operation, we have created a new “Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)” section with lots of help texts including an illustrated tutorial how to download tracks successfully. Our FAQ are constantly being upgraded
- Various possibilities how to listen to our high-resolution downloads are shown in “Equipment, Software, Download“
- The creation and redemption of gift vouchers (including indication of the remaining balance in the customer account) is now possible
- On our Cybele portal 23 languages are available, thus a better world wide distribution is guaranteed
- All our download files contain complete meta data (album title, album name, album artist, track title, track artist, bar code, catalogue number, etc.) which we always enter carefully. They also include ISRC codes so that the track data can be accurately captured for possible broadcasts
- Third-country customers (overseas) and European customers (with a valid VAT ID number) are able to purchase all our products without VAT being charged. To use this possibility they only have to log in to their customer account before placing items in the basket
The Cybele portal is editorially supervised by Ingo Schmidt-Lucas, Mirjam Wiesemann and our two new staff members Dr. Jörg Hillebrand (musicologist) and Matthias Pötzsch (theatre scientist).
Cybele Records GmbH
Am Muehlenberg 24
Tel.: +49 211 30329-600
Fax: +49 211 30329-750
Managing Director: Ingo Schmidt-Lucas
Amtsgericht Duesseldorf HRB 55274
European VAT ID Number: DE814784710
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please login. New users may subscribe below.